The National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls (the “National Inquiry”) is looking for an experienced individual to fill the position of Executive Assistant to the Director of Communications.
The National Inquiry is independent from the federal government and employees are appointed on a term basis. We are committed to having a highly skilled and well represented Indigenous workforce. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify as belonging to Indigenous peoples.
- Performing administrative tasks including but not limited to, planning and scheduling meetings using skype or other teleconferencing applications, taking meeting notes, completing travel claims, and working with the information management team for records filing.
- Compiling, writing and proofreading reports and other documents.
- Data entry in various databases and spreadsheets to extract reports for example maintaining a media enquiry tracker.
- Coordinating a task management tool to track the work of the Communications Unit.
- Coordinating translation of documents.
- Coordinates procurement and contracting for Communications.
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Fluency in oral and written French and/or other Indigenous languages is an asset
- Successful completion of secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in providing administrative support to senior management.
- Experience in using personal computers and associated general office software.
- Experience in performing general administrative duties within a communications environment is an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is an asset.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Working effectively with others
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Thinking things through
- Showing initiative and being action oriented
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Attention to detail
Conditions of Employment
- Willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Secret security clearance (to be administered by the organization as part of the recruitment process).
Location of Employment
- Vancouver, British Colombia.
Rate of Pay
$58586 - $61877
As per the Canadian Human Rights Commission’s Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy, the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls seeks to promote the employment of Indigenous Peoples as its primary purpose is to serve the needs of Aboriginal people.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and/or resume to email@example.com by October 13, 2017. In the subject line, please indicate “Vancouver Executive Assistant, Communications Position”. Your cover and/or cover letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the language, education and experience requirements for this position.
We thank you for your interest in working for the National Inquiry. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.