The National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls (the “National Inquiry”) is looking for an experienced individual for the position of Communications Advisor.
The National Inquiry is independent from the federal government and employees are appointed on a term basis. We are committed to having a highly skilled and well represented Indigenous workforce. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify as belonging to Indigenous Peoples.
Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with an acceptable specialization in marketing, communications, journalism or another specialty relevant to the duties of the position.
- Recent and significant experience in providing managers or clients with sound advice regarding communications or marketing.
- Recent and significant experience in writing and revising a full range of communications products such as media advisories, news releases, backgrounders, media lines, speeches, articles, social media and web content.
- Recent and significant experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating communications plans or strategies.
- Experience in media/public relations
- Experience in media monitoring and analysis and/or reporting.
- Experience in planning and executing communications projects or events.
- Experience in leading multiple communications projects simultaneously.
- Experience in planning and organizing events including at least two of the following: outreach and marketing activities, stakeholder consultations, and high-profile media events for senior management and/or VIPs.
English Essential and bilingual preferred.
- Knowledge of standard communications, media and public relations practices.
- Create Vision and Strategy
- Mobilize People
- Collaborate with Partners and Stakeholders
- Promote Innovation and Guide Change
- Achieve Results
- Ability to work effectively under pressure within tight timelines
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to synthesize complex documents
- Experience in using social media to implement communications campaigns.
- Experience in producing quality digital photographs and experience in video production and video editing.
- Experience in the use of current software applications such as Dreamweaver, Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office.
Conditions of Employment:
- Willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Ability to travel throughout Canada as required.
- Willingness to carry a BlackBerry and to be on-call.
- Secret security clearance required.
Location of Employment:
- Preferably Vancouver, BC.
- However, based on your area of residence, your workplace may be considered to be located and performed at one of our regional offices (Quebec City, Ottawa, Winnipeg, or Saskatoon).
Rate of Pay
$76,002 to $82,171
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2017. In the subject line, please indicate “Communications Advisor”. Your cover letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the language, education and experience requirements for this position.
As per the Canadian Human Rights Commission’s Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy, the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls seeks to promote the employment of Indigenous Peoples as its primary purpose is to serve the needs of Aboriginal people.
We thank you for your interest in working for the National Inquiry. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.