The National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls (MMIWG) is hiring an experienced full-time Executive Assistant for the Chief Commissioner. The position will be located in Vancouver.
The National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls is independent from federal government and employees are appointed on a term basis. We are committed to having a highly skilled and Indigenous represented workforce. We encourage candidates to self-identify as belonging to Indigenous peoples.
- Supports the Chief Commissioner in leading all aspects of the National Inquiry into MMIWG.
- Conducts research, analyzes data and prepares draft documents, briefing materials, charts, databases and spreadsheets, presentations, and other material as required and gathers background information required for meetings, speaking engagements, events, etc.; coordinates materials for meetings, speaking engagements, hearings, etc.; schedules, organizes and arranges hospitality and ensures administrative services to the Chief
- Reviews, analyzes, drafts and edits/proofreads correspondence, memoranda, briefing notes, reports and electronic messages; coordinates, administers and tracks the flow of information, documents and correspondence and ensures follow-up action. Discusses progression of work and issues, proposes options and courses of action.
- Analyses work requirements and ensures the development and implementation of new administrative methods, processes and procedures to improve service delivery.
- Provides communication and liaison support services on behalf of the Chief Commissioner.
- Coordinates, controls, improves and maintains administrative tracking and control systems, procedures and information systems.
- Manages the agenda for the Chief Commissioner, schedules meetings, speaking engagements, events, etc.; organizes logistical requirements, coordinates appointments and activities and controls issues of time; screens, analyzes, prioritizes requests for information and coordinates and ensures responses.
- Organizes and leads working groups or administrative project teams.
- Manages travel logistics for the Chief Commissioner.
- Bilingual English / French (Linguistic Profile: CBC)
- Knowledge of an Indigenous language an asset
- A secondary school diploma.
- Five (5) years of experience in an administrative position.
- Experience in researching and analyzing information, developing options and recommendations to senior management (Director level and above).
- Experience in the provision of various administrative services to senior management (Director level and above) such as but not limited to:
- Management of a senior management agenda
- Coordination and maintenance of a tracking system
- Coordination and/or quality assurance of briefing materials and/or correspondence;
- Coordination of logistics for conferences, events and/or travel;
- Developing and coordinating responses to internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment with time pressures and tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both English and French.
- Ability to establish a documentation tracking and filing systems.
- Ability to foster horizontal collaboration and build relationships with a variety of colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify, extract, organize and synthesize relevant information from different information sources to provide advice.
- Effective interpersonal relationships
- Team player
Conditions of Employment
- Willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Periods of intense / high pressure activity.
- Secret security clearance
Location of Employment
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 23, 2017. In the subject line, please indicate “Executive Assistant Position / Chief Commissioner”. Your cover letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the language, education and experience requirements for this position.
We thank you for your interest in working for the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.